Chicken Bacon Broccoli Alfredo Lasagna
This is my best guess for the actual recipe. I had the alfredo sauce already made and just threw the rest of it together. I actually doubled all the ingredients and made two to keep in the freezer. I didn’t keep track of how many noodles I used per layer, but I remember that one box of the no boil noodles was enough for two 9 inch square lasagnas.
8 ounces frozen broccoli
2 cooked chicken breasts
1 pound bacon
1 small red or yellow onion
4-6 cloves garlic, crushed
No boil lasagna noodles
¼ cup shredded parmesean cheese
¼-1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 recipe Creamy Filling (see below), source: Simply Gloria
1 recipe Guiltless Alfredo sauce (see below), source: Our Best Bites – or 2 cups of your favorite Alfredo sauce
- Prepare Guiltless Alfredo Sauce. Set aside.
- Shred chicken breasts. Set aside.
- Microwave or lightly steam broccoli. Evenly chop into smaller pieces. Set aside.
- Cut and fry bacon.
- Add diced onion and crushed garlic 3 minutes prior to bacon being finished.
- Drain bacon, onion, garlic mixture on a plate covered with paper towels.
- In a medium size bowl prepare Creamy Filling: mix together the ricotta cheese, sour cream, cream cheese, Parmesan and seasonings.
- Pour and spread a ½ cup of Alfredo sauce on the bottom of lasagna pan. I used a 9x9 pan.
- Cover with a single layer of noodles, they might overlap a little.
- Spread ½ of the Creamy Filling onto the noodles.
- Top with ½ of the broccoli and ½ of the shredded chicken.
- Top with 1/3 of the bacon, onion, garlic mixture and about ½ cup of the Alfredo sauce.
- Repeat layers: noodles, creamy filling, broccoli, chicken, bacon mixture, Alfredo sauce.
- Cover second lasagna layer with noodles.
- Mix the remaining 1/3 of the bacon mixture with the remaining Alfredo sauce and pour over the top layer of noodles, spread sauce to cover entire lasagna.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella and parmesean cheeses.
- Cover with foil and freeze for future use or bake immediately.
- To bake immediately, keep foil on top and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 10-15 minutes or until hot and bubbly and slightly golden on top.
- To bake from frozen, remove lasagna from freezer and defrost in the refrigerator for 24-48 hours. Bake loosely covered in foil at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until hot and bubbly and slightly golden on top.
- Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- 6 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
I think I added a pinch of nutmeg and a little onion powder too.
**Guiltless Alfredo Sauce:Ingredients:
2 C low-fat milk
1/3 C (3 oz) low fat cream cheese
2-3 T flour
1 t salt
1 T butter
3 garlic cloves
1 C grated Parmesan cheese
Place milk, cream cheese, flour, and salt in a blender and blend until smooth. In a non-stick sauce pan, melt butter on med-high heat and add garlic. Let the garlic saute for about 30 seconds, you don’t want to burn it.
Then add milk mixture to the pan. Stir constantly for about 3 or 4 minutes or until it just comes to a simmer. Keep stirring and let it cook for a few minutes more. It should be much thicker now.
When it’s nice and thickened remove the pan from the heat. Add the cheese, stir it up and then cover immediately. Let stand for at least 10 minutes before using. It will continue to thicken upon standing. Season with additional salt if needed. Add more milk if sauce gets too thick after sitting. Makes about 2 cups of sauce.